Who Are We?
The Medina County Church of Christ is made up of warm and friendly families. We firmly believe in hospitality and you will find a warm welcome and greetings when you come to visit us. We would love the opportunity to visit with you over a meal and get to know you.
We encourage Bible knowledge and study among our members. You can ask questions of our men and women and expect a Bible answer from them. We would enjoy studying God's Word with you. We are not afraid of questions--in fact, we love them! We love having the opportunity to discuss God's Word with you. There is a lot of confusion about religion in today's society. Yet, God has promised all of mankind that the Truth of His will can be found when Jesus said "Ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free"-John 8:32. In John 17:17 Jesus further illuminated us to the Truth when He told us that His Word- The Bible- is the Truth. We welcome questions because an honest, searching heart that is asking about the Truth will find it (Matthew 7:7) and it is our priviledge and joy to be able to study the Bible with you.
We offer you a standing invitation to visit with us in worship and to study the Bible with us. We will make arrangements for times that are convenient to you to study the Word of God.
We hope to hear from you soon!
What About the Church of Christ?
The Medina County Church of Christ recognizes only the Bible as the authority for Christian work and worship. We don't have any man-made creed books or rules. We, as the created mankind, don't have the authority to tell God how we will worship Him or serve Him-- that is backwards! We follow what God wrote to us in the Bible as the pattern for our worship and beliefs as this is what He has commanded and authorized- Colossians 3:17.
Let us describe our worship to you:
We engage in prayers as an assembly led by one of the men of the congregation as we are commanded in 1 Timothy 2:1-3,8 and Acts 12:5.
We sing songs of praise to God that also teach and encourage one another as instructed in Ephesians 5:19 and Colossians 3:16.
We participate in the Lord's Supper (unleavened bread and "fruit of the vine" which is non-alcoholic grape juice) each Sunday as commanded in Acts 20:7 and 1 Corinthians 11:23-28 to remind us of the death of Christ on the cross which makes redemption possible for mankind.
We, as members of the Church, are priviledged to be able to give of our money as we have prospered throughout the week as instructed in 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 and 2 Corinthians 9:7. Therefore, we will participate in a collection of money during the worship. This is not something we expect of visitors. The Church's work of benevolence and edification of souls is funded by the free-will offerings of our members and we do not solicit or request money from you.
We also hear a sermon given during our worship service by our preacher or one of the men in the congregation as we see patterned in the Bible (Acts 20:7). This is a Bible-based lesson that is designed to teach and encourage members and visitors to live in a Godly manner. The emphasis is on the message from God's Word and not on the speaker. Therefore, our preacher has no special authority or titles other than the titles given in the Scripture such as evangelist, minister or preacher (2 Timothy 4:5; 2 Peter 2:5)
Let us tell you about some of our beliefs:
- The Bible is God's Word, written by man's hands through God's Inspiration. Every word has been written specifically as God intended and preserved through the ages- 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Psalm 119:89
- The Church of Christ is also the Body of Christ and there is only one Body. Jesus is the savior of this Church and the Head of the Church- Ephesians 4:4; Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 5:23, 25-27
- Baptism by immersion in water is for remission (removal) of sins. It is baptism that brings us into the Church of Christ and is therefore, utterly necessary for salvation as salvation is found within the Church, the Body-1 Peter 3:21; Acts 2:38; Mark 16:16; 1st Corinthians 12:13; Acts 2:41,47
- Children are not born with sin. Jesus showed us that children are clean and pure when He said we needed to become like them to be saved (Matthew 18:3). People are born without sin but as we grow up we gain the ability to discern right from wrong and sin when we choose to do the wrong thing 1 John 3:4. There is no "inherited sin". The Bible teaches very plainly that we do not inherit sin from our ancestors- Ezekiel 18:20
- Christians, even though they have been saved, can be lost if they fall away and go back to sinful living. God's grace is a wonderful gift we do not deserve but that does not mean we can never sin and be lost. We must continue to obey God's will as described in the Bible to continue to have the cleansing blood of Jesus, which saves us- 1 John 1:7; Romans 6:1-2; Hebrews 3:12; Hebrews 6:6; Luke 8:13.
- Marriage is between a man and a woman, and homosexuality is not acceptable to God- Matthew 19:4-5; 1 Corinthians 6:9
- Marriage is to be between a man and a woman for life, with only adultery as a Biblical reason for divorce- Matthew 19:5,9
What is Your Responsibility to God?
The Bible teaches that there really is a Heaven for those who are saved and there really is a Hell for those who do not obey the Gospel- (Matthew 25:46; Mark 16:16; 2 Thessalonians 1:8).
Jesus said, "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day"-(John 12:48)
God wrote a command for every person when He wrote, "Test all things; hold fast that which is good"-(1 Thessalonians 5:21)
Will you test what we have said here in light of the Bible? Look into God's Word and see His pattern for your life and what He demands from you so that you can be saved.
We stand ready, and eager to answer any questions from the Bible- not what we think or feel. We will sit down together and open God's Word and really study what He has written for us. Will you take us up on our offer?